Andrew - Jenny- Blake

Andrew - Jenny- Blake

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Oatmeal Cookies and Spring

It's the official start of spring today!  Happy Spring!  Contrary to what some may think, I feel it has been a record breaking warm winter.  With the exception of the "cold snap" it really was pretty mild.  I was able to walk/jog most days. Woo Hoo!  Blake loves going out in the stroller and I love to go out.  I've always been more of an "outdoor exerciser".  I would like to maybe plant some flowers as it warms up.  I love long days where Andrew and I can go on a family walk with Blake after dinner.  Even though it can be a bit brisk, we just bundle up and enjoy the sun.

As promised, I am posting Andrew's all time favorite cookies.  They may be mine as well.  They are addicting, and it is terribly hard to eat just one.  So I give fair warning.  I created the recipe entirely on my own.

I would like to add a caveat-- We have a family friend who makes the most amazing Coconut Cookies.  These will never be hers.   These are completely different, and we love them.

Andrew's BEST cookie EVER

Preheat oven to 350

2 sticks butter softened NOT melted
1 c. white sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 3/4 c. oats
2 c. corn flakes
1/2 c. chopped butterscotch chips
1/2 c. chopped pecans
2/3 c. coconut

Crush the cornflakes to smaller pieces.  Chop the pecans and butterscotch chips.  Place in a medium size bowl with flour, cinnamon, oats, coconut, salt, and baking soda.  In a stand mixer cream butter and sugar.  Add eggs, and vanilla.  Slowly pour in dry ingredients mixing on low until incorporated.  Form into heaping cookies.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.

You can easily omit the pecans and if you really hate butterscotch you can lose those too.  I do not love large bites of butterscotch myself that is why I chop it up very fine to add a mild flavor that truly enhance the cookie!

Happy Happy Spring!

Trying a blackberry for the first time


I think he likes it!


No comments:

Post a Comment