Andrew - Jenny- Blake

Andrew - Jenny- Blake

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Happy 6 Months Blake!

We had a busy and eventful week.  On Wednesday Blake turned 6 months old.  I can not believe how fast these 6 months have gone by.  My former life of parties, working, eating out with friends...is a distant memory.  I made a goal this week to try and do one chore around the house a day.  My mom was so good about this growing up.  I remember that Thursday she vacuumed and cleaned the kitchen.  She did this until after I left for college when she finally hired someone.  My grandma cleaned her house by herself until she passed at 71!  Blake has gotten a lot easier.  He is able to play and roll around happily.  He also pretty consistently takes 2 naps a day.  This gives me time to tidy up.  I thrive on schedules and routines and so do babies.

Blake is growing up so very fast.  He is very close to sitting by himself for long periods of time.  He rolls all around, eats all sorts of food, and this week he was able to have a baby rice cake to celebrate his 6 month birthday.  I also had the very real feeling that I needed to enjoy this time with just me and Blake.  I found myself feeling a little more patient and willing to hold him and comfort him.  Of course I always do, but it just felt different.  I let my world stop and just hold him for the first time in a while.  I realized I will never have this moment, in this time, ever again.  Soon enough he will grow up there will be more children to divide my attention with....all of these changes will be good and exciting, but for now its just me and my boy. (oh and Andrew...Blake's favorite time of day is playing with dad.  My favorite time of day is relaxing with Andrew when Blake is in bed :)

As I was holding Blake this is what I couldn't help but think:

Son, I'm so glad for this moment.  I know it's small and short but you are my boy.  I've known you for a while.  I remember the first time I felt your presence and knew you were waiting patiently for me to be your mom.  Thank you for being patient with me.  I can see you as a teenager, full of life and an example to all your friends.  A quiet leader.  That's what you are.  I see you as a young man getting ready to marry and start a family of your own.  Thank you for being such a good example to your siblings.  In a way I've always known you, and you'll always be my boy.  I love you son.

Sorry, had to be a little sentimental.  After all it is sentimental Sunday.  (I know that isn't really a thing...but I am always sentimental on Sunday's so it is a thing for me!)

By the way this week I'll be posting Andrew's ALL TIME FAVORITE cookies I make him.  They are oatmeal, or as we call them "Big Fat Magical Oatmeal Cookies".

Happy Sunday!



Sitting like a big boy

Being silly with dad in church





He's a happy guy


I think we have some musical talent!
6 Month Celebration!


No comments:

Post a Comment