Andrew - Jenny- Blake

Andrew - Jenny- Blake

Monday, March 10, 2014

Grandma's House

A little over 3 weeks ago, I got a call from my dad asking if I would come work or him for 2 1/2 weeks.  I talked it over with Andrew and we decided it would be a good opportunity to make some extra income for our family.  After the tickets were purchased, I felt like I was running around my house trying to get everything together because I was leaving in 2 days.  Both Andrew and I also felt a little like we had rushed our decision once we realized how long we would be gone from each other, not to mention that we would miss Valentines.

Blake always loves being at his Nammie Shaundi's house.  He gets lots of attention, and it's just easier having a baby in a house.  

At first I was really enjoying working.  I felt accomplished.  However,  I started to miss my old life as a stay-at-home mom.  It was so humbling to be out there.  I really realized how blessed I am that I get to raise Blake full time.  I know there are so many amazing moms who balance a career and raising kids.  I applaud you!  

However, for me I realized 2 important things while I was out here in California.  A few Sunday's ago we were visiting with a family friend and she said, "How do you like working?"  I told her that I was really enjoying it.  She then said, "Working is easier that being a mom huh?"  I said YES!  Even on my hardest most frustrating days as a teacher or nanny it was never as hard and my hardest moments with Blake.  So interesting.  

My next and most important light bulb moment came from another family friend.   She is in her 80's.  She turned to me in Relief Society (Women's church meeting) and said, "Jennifer your baby is so cute!  I bet being a mom is different than what you thought it would be?"  I confirmed that yes it was different than I thought it would be.  She then said, "But it's a good different."  She is right.  Being a mom is good different.

Blake has LOVED being in CA.  Warm weather and lots of attention.  He is growing up too fast.  Rolling, eating food, holding his own bottle, and sitting by himself (we are still working on perfecting all of it.). The best news of all is his digestive issues appear to be resolving.  He is now on
Goat milk.  He is so much happier.  I feel bad my little guy was so uncomfortable for his first 5.5 months of his life! I have a whole new baby.  He laughs at things, and loves to entertain us.

As far a sleep.  He is sleeping better too.  He usually only cries if he really needs something.  We are having so much fun with him!  We will be glad to be back with Andrew again.  Blake loves his dad and I do too!

Playing on mom's bed

Houdini Boy getting out of his swaddle wrap

Nammie taught me to hold my own bottle

Being silly at church
Flirting at the mall
Being silly with dad in the mirror

Enjoying the warm, sunny weather





Blake and I really enjoyed the warm weather, and especially enjoyed when Andrew came to visit us!

5 Months flew past!  This week marks 6 months!



1 comment:

  1. Blake is growing up so fast! I love seeing his smile! So cute!

    As a soon to be Mom who will HAVE to work AND be a Mom I really relate to this post. I know I'll be able to navigate it but sure it will be frustrating along the way .. LOL

    Love hearing your thoughts Jenny!

    ReplyDelete